What is WordPress?
So you just started hosting your website with NetWeaver. The next step is to design your website, but how? One answer is WordPress.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an online free to use website creation tool that is based upon PHP. The Content Management System (CMS) is renowned for its easy to use interface and a huge range of plugins that allow even novice web developers to create a professional and unique website. It is one of the most powerful CMS’s available and it is the choice of over 34% of the internet along with many massive corporations such as Spotify, Disney, TIME and more.
What can you do with WordPress?
WordPress is very versatile. It can be used to create a variety of different websites such as:
- E-commerce, WordPress enables its users to process payments, configure taxes and shipping and more. Making it the perfect place to build your online store
- Blog, The easy to use design means it’s never been simpler to share your thoughts and opinions on your very own website. Anything from blogs posts about family recipes to tech support, WordPress makes getting yourself heard by millions easier than ever.
- Photography, WordPress’ beautiful and sleek designs are the ideal place to showcase your work. The hundreds of templates available are ideal for creating a website that can pair with your unique style of photography and showcase the best of your work to the world.
That is just a few of the many possibilities of your WordPress site, you can follow the link here to another one of our blog posts, ” 10 Things you can build with WordPress.”
How to personalise your website.
When using WordPress it is important to personalise your website and make it unique. The best way to do this is with plugins. Plugins are software additions that allow for customisation. There are hundreds too choose from and they all offer something unique and different from improved security or extra themes. Some of our favourite plugins include:
- Yoast SEO, SEO stands for search engine optimisation. This is what affects how highly you will show up on a search engine’s search results. The better your SEO the more likely your website is to be visited. Read more about SEO plugins here.
- WP Super Cache, Cache plugins reuse data from previous requests helping improve the loading time of a page. This is important because higher page speeds mean better search rankings. Ultimately meaning more traffic for your website. Read more about cache plugins here.
- WordFence, One important thing to do with your website is to make it secure as possible. This is one of the most popular security plugins. The plugin alerts you of potential security risks and recommendations on how to deal with them, as well as blocking brute force attacks and more. To find out more about WordFence and the security of your website read our blog post, Improving the security of your WordPress site.
How to Start using WordPress.
Once you have made a web hosting account with NetWeaver you will be able to install it via your control panel. To find our full step by step guide on how to install WordPress click here. All of our web hosting packages are fully optimised for the use of WordPress. Providing exceptionally fast, stable and secure hosting for your WordPress website.